VIDEOS

WATCH: Sabik na kami maglaro!

The elimination round of the 2021 PBA Governors’ Cup is set to resume on Friday, February 11.

This was made possible after the national government downgraded the status of the National Capital Region (NCR) from Alert Level 3 to Alert Level 2 effective Tuesday, February 1.

League commissioner Willie Marcial made the announcement on Sunday just as news of the alert level system reclassification of the NCR broke out.

As per Marcial, a formal memo will be handed out to the 12 teams on Monday with scrimmages scheduled to start on Tuesday.

“Maglalabas na ng memo (by Monday) na simula na ng practice by Feb. 1 and then start ng games by Feb. 11,” said the amiable league executive.

“Kausap ko pa si Chairman Abalos kaninang umaga at sabi niya nga may endorsement letter na siya sa mga LGUs (to allow team scrimmages). Pero sabi niya kung mag-Alert Level 2, hindi na kailangan yan. Moot and academic na kasi pag nag Alert Level 2,” he added.

The Games and Amusement Board (GAB) had already endorsed the resumption of the season-ending conference to the IATF provided that the league observe a home-venue-home setup. However, this won’t be necessary anymore after the status downgrade.

The league is currently in talks with Smart Araneta Coliseum as venue for the games with the presence of fans ruled out at least for the first week.

“Wala munang fans. Pag-aaralan muna natin yung sitwasyon kung pwede na tayong magluwag. At the earliest baka second week magpapasok na tayo ng fans,” said Marcial.

Via
Ginebra boy's ball-baller's

Get involved!

Comments

No comments yet
Back to top button

Adblock Detected

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker